Do you need help:
Visualizing where your family lived?
Identifying research opportunities?
Organizing your research?
Determining who needs "work"?
Planning a research trip?
Figuring out what to research online?
GenDetective helps you with all of these tasks! Instead of spending your time trying to figure out what to do, spend your time researching!
Traditional genealogy software programs, whether on our desktop or the internet, allow us to record our data, describe our family, who they were, when they were born, married, died and who their children were. These programs have reports, but the reports can only tell us what we have already told them! As genealogists we are not looking to discover what we already know, instead, we want to research the things we do not know, to find those elusive pieces of data that we are missing! GenDetective® has many graphical views that will help you:
- See your research opportunities with My Research Progress
- Visualize where your family lived with My Maps
- Navigate your tree with My Family View and research progress worksheets
- Use Reports By Task to create your genealogy research reports, matching your family with the collection you plan to search
- Plan your genealogy research trip with The Trip Guide
- Reference the My Video Library for videos demonstrating GenDetective features and discussions of reports and advanced techniques
Take a quick tour of GenDetective by clicking here