GenDetective® 2011 Update v 1.6 Released
Click here to download the new GenDetective® software update.
This update includes the following enhancements:
- A series of five (5) new reports. Throw away your tracking spreadsheets! The spreadsheets you use to track who you need to order a death, birth or marriage certificate for, re no longer necessary. Use these new reports to identify who:
- Died in the United States between 1940 - 2012 and does not have the SSDI as a source for their death event.
- Died in Pennsylvania between 1906 - 2012 and does not have a Pennsylvania death certificate as a source for their death event.
- Who was married in Indiana County, Pa between 1885 - 2012 and does not have an Indiana County marriage license as a source for their marriage event.
- There are three (3) new reports that identify the people who HAVE a source for a specific event, providing a way to identify those who have the available birth, death, or marriage certificate, or any other source for an event.
- Support for FTM 2012 media files, allowing FTM users to access the various multimedia reports that are part of GenDetective.
This update also corrects a few issues including:
- Support for relocating the GenDetective Document directory. Due to a security update by Microsoft, Microsoft Access databases may no longer run reports when they are stored on a network drive (applies to users storing their My Documents folder on a network drive).
- Fix for extremely large notes in FTM causing an error.
- Correction for error in RootsMagic shared family events where some people were not identified as participating in the event.
- For shared marriage events (RootsMagic) identify everyone except the married couple as participating, not as getting married.
- Correction to a census report identifying people who had a specific census.